High on Anime, Games and Everything else

Saturday, February 11, 2006

Japan 2006 - Day 9 - Ikebukuro

Ikebukuro, not a particular interesting place you would go unless you want to visit the Sunshine City, which houses an amusement park of sort within the building, Nanjatown. But before you get to the Sunshine City, you will be more likely to have travelled along Rokkujukai-dori, a street that is always full of people, day or night. In the short 150-odd metres of road, you would walk past not one, not two but three amusement centres. Among arcade games, horse betting machines, G-Link card game and photo stickers machines, the more interesting and rewarding game are the UFO catchers (Skill Testers), of course. While I don't claim to be an expert in UFO catchers, I did manage to pick up a Blech doll as well as a couple of phone hangers. As to what real purpose do I want them for, I don't quite know.

Another attraction at Ikebukuro is the Toyota Amlux. Basically a huge Toyota showroom, showing off the latest Toyota cars. Since I'm not a Toyota fan, I didn't go in. Maybe when they win a Formula 1 championship, then I'll think about it (actually, I would still prefer a Honda).

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home