High on Anime, Games and Everything else

Friday, February 03, 2006

Japan 2006 - Day 1

After two months of organising my 2006 Japan Trip, today is the big day. I got up at 4 in the morning to catch the flight at 9.

After sitting on my butt for nine hours in a pressurised tube (otherwise known as a plane) to Hong Kong, then another three and a half hours to Tokyo, then one and a half hour bus ride, then a train three stations down and lastly, a fifteen minutes walk, I have finally made it to my place of residence in Tokyo. The place is Saitama, to be exact, which is a half hour train ride from Tokyo centre.

The plane trip was pleasant enough. There was hardly anyone on the Melbourne to Hong Kong leg, a fewer still on the Hong Kong - Tokyo leg. The highlight of the plane trip was not the movies (they were not that good anyway). It was the customer service officers (used to be known as air hostess). No, it's not what you think. One of the CSO recognised me from way back in university, which was about eight years ago. Funny how you can meet people from all walks of life. We exchanged pleasantries and all during the flight. Who knows, maybe we'll meet again in another eight years.

So, after waking up for 18 hours, I felt exhausted. So tomorrow, I'll start my 2006 Japan Trip by first walking around my new surrounding.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home