High on Anime, Games and Everything else

Wednesday, January 04, 2006

Seeya 2005, Hello 2006!

RANT

2005 has finally come to an end. In terms of anime related activities, 2005 has been a really eventful year for me. My anime collection grew from just a handful to a bookshelf full. So much so that I needed to buy a new bookshelf to fit them all in. I have been watching anime for a long time now, but it's only this year that I have bought anime on a massive scale. I have spent more money on anime this year than all the other years combined.

Incidentally, the first anime I bought in 2005 was the region 1 Patlabor 2 movie, and the last I bought was the region 1 Patlabor TV series. I didn't plan for that from the start. No, seriously, I didn't. Anyway, I still have the get the first Patlabor OVA series to complete the whole Patlabor saga. That's probably what I'll get in the near future.

In September, I volunteered in my first Manifest. That also marked the first anime convention I have ever attended. It was great fun. Lots of anime to watch, and I also picked up a few treasures. You can read about that in my Manifest blog.

So what's the plan for 2006? I dare say I'll continue to accumulate unwatched anime by buying more and keep a lot of people employed. There are so many more series that I wanted, for example, Ranma, Maison Ikkoku, Nadia, Gundam, etc., etc. Although I'm not as hard core as some otaku who travel around the country attending anime cons, I will most probably reappear at Manifest as a volunteer again (provided that it's being held, of course).

I'm off to Japan this February (Wahoo!). So in between the temples and castle towns, I am sure I'll find some time to spend my hard earned cash on anime things, most probably PVC figurines. The only problem I have right now is how to bring them back.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home