High on Anime, Games and Everything else

Sunday, February 05, 2006

Japan 2006 - Day 4 - Odaiba

Day 4 started with an hour train ride, across three lines to the waterfront by the name of Odaiba. First stop was the Panasonic Centre. Besides showing off their latest Viera series Plasma TVs, mobiles phones, digital cameras and the likes, they also offered a little corner for Nintendo fans. Several Gamecube and Nintendo DS were set up around the place for children to play. Unfortunately, I can't find a Revolution anywhere.

They also have an Eco Home at the back of the centre. It was something like a display home of the future. Obviously the home was filled with Matsushita products. Who knows, those products might be coming to a store near you!

Next stop was the Tokyo Big Sight, which was basically an exhibition building. Along the way, I saw scores of people wearing suits walking towards the Big Sight. I first thought that they must be off to work somewhere in Odaiba, but soon found out that they were actually attending some sort of job search exhibition that was being held inside Tokyo Big Sight. Quite an interesting sight (no pun intended). I have never seen such an amount of people in suits gathered in one place before (well, I might see that again if I go to Shinjuku later).

Since I was not interested in getting a job in Japan yet, off I went towards the National Museum of Emerging Science and Innovation. I suggest you pick up one of the Welcom to Tokyo Handy Guide (the English cover is in orange). In there, you can find a 100 yen discount to the museum. I picked one up at the Tokyo Big Sight.

Anyway, the first thing you'll notice when you get inside is the huge moving globe hanging from the ceiling. It was used to display, well, Earth and its current up to date status like land temperature, sea temperature, etc. The first floor is basically about the Earth and how scientists are helping to save the environment. The second floor is a robotic / computer level. I managed to catch the Asimo show. I have seen an Asimo in the Honda show room in Aoyama before, but I have never seen one that moves, so it was interesting. On the third floor was a floor of exploration. That includes the exploration of spaces and universe to the exploration of the human body. Unfortunately, I must have spent too much time reading every word on every exhibits downstairs, because it was five already, at which time the museum closed. But not before I stormed into the shop and bought an Asimo stuffed toy that I would most likely put it in my Honda. So if you ever see an Asimo hanging on the window, that's probably my car.

So after the museum, it was time for a perfect night photo of the Rainbow Bridge. I went to the exact same spot some one and a half years ago where I took a picture of the same bridge. I don't think much changed, but this time, I think I have a much better picture. The one I took in 2004 wasn't that good, as I found out later when I went back home.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home