High on Anime, Games and Everything else

Thursday, February 09, 2006

Japan 2006 - Day 7 - Akihabara

Today, I went to where everyone goes to for electrical goods. That's right, it's Akihabara, but I wasn't there to find the latest digikame (digital camera) or the latest Japanese gadgets. I was there for, you've guess it, anime merchandise. Well, I didn't buy all that much today, mainly because I just want to take a look around first, and if I have time later in the trip, I will think about coming back to buy them. But there are somethings that I can't wait to buy. A whole album for less than 1,000 yen? Yes, please.

There is a shop (actually, a seven stories building) that sells new and second hand CD and DVD (anime and non-anime stuff). There are quite some bargains to be had in there. I've bought several second hand CD for less than half priced. Yes, some of them might be quite old already (dating back to pre-2000), but hey, if I haven't heard them before, it's new to me. Also bought some second hand DVDs as well. Yes, I released that they are in Japanese without subtitles, but I can't get it anywhere else in the world, plus it's Patlabor, one of my favourite anime, so I was willing to fork out the money for it. It was relatively cheap.

One of the highlight of the day was the capsule toys that I, for one reason or another, could not resist. It was for the anime Shuffle!. There were six figures in all (one of them is the secret character, which I know I will have no hope of getting). So I thought, "why not, it's only 200 yen (that's about $2.40AU)", and I was lucky for the first four times. Having four different characters in four turns is quite lucky, but then I pushed my luck. I wanted to collect the fifth one as well, so I went for another try. Big mistake. Got Nerine. Maybe I'll try again? Wrong. Got another Nerine. That was the third time in a row I've got Nerine. Well, time to give up.

Walked some more and went inside a shop. Guess what? They have the whole set of the Shuffle! capsule toys (without the secret character, which was Asa-sempai's mum, Ama) for sale for less than what I have put into the machine to get the six capsules. I gave in and bought the set. Now I can sell my other capsules. Anyone wants to buy it?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home