High on Anime, Games and Everything else

Tuesday, February 07, 2006

Japan 2006 - Day 5 - Tokyo Dome

Tokyo Dome was the main attraction today. Actually, today's main attraction should have been the Kanda second hand book shops, but once I got off the train, it would be stupid not to go to the Tokyo Dome, which was next door. I actually didn't go inside the Dome itself. Mainly because they are closed (it's not baseball season here). They did have a festival on. And it was the Tablewear Festival. I can only imagine the sparkle in the people's eyes when they see so many spoons and forks and teapot all in one place.

If anyone is interested, there is a Shounen Jump store as you get to Tokyo Dome. They sell things like manga (obviously), T-Shirts, cups, some figures, phone hanger, etc.

Anyway, because I got out of the house relatively late, I only managed to get to Kanda late in the afternoon. There was a nine stories building that house nothing but book stores. I started from the top and worked my way down. On the second floor, there was one that sell nothing but manga, anime and game artbooks. A perfect place for me and my hunger for anime. I spent about two hours in that tiny place, looking for the perfect book to buy. Best of all, they are second hand, and being a second hand, they are, well, cheaper than brand new. Picked up quite a few bargains there. The whole 10 volumes of RG Veda by Clamp for 1575 yen? Yes, please.

I'll see if I have time tomorrow to visit other parts of Kanda.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home