High on Anime, Games and Everything else

Saturday, December 03, 2005

November Purchase

RANT

Wow, so quick. It's the start of the next month already. Okay, so during the last month, I bought:

Region 1:
Jin Roh
Azumanga Daioh
Patlabor The New File Collection

Region 4:
Rahxephon Boxset
Ranma Movie 1: Big Trouble in Nekonron

Jin Roh, I already have the Region 4 version, but that only have Japanese 2.0 audio track. The R1 version has DTS 5.1. I loved that movie, so I bought the R1 version from eBay.

Patlabor The New File Collection was actually the real overseas order that I have placed. I bought it from DVD Pacific. I was quite happy with the service they provided. They have Bank Deposit as a payment method, which is what I was looking for in an overseas vendor. The response was quick, and the delivery is top notch. It took about 5 business days to take off from US to Australia, so I was very happy about that. As usual, the only problem I have is finding a time to watch them.

I bought the Rahxephon Boxset at the EzyDVD anime sales. I seem to be unable to find it secondhand on eBay, which basically prompted me to buy brand new.

During the month I also bought:

Manga
Onegai Twins (novel) Volume 1
Onegai Twins (novel) Volume 2
Infinite Ryvius Volume 2

I bought Infinite Ryvius just to complete the series (only 2 volumes in total). I haven't actually watched the anime before, but I think I should. Because the manga didn't flow very well. I felt the chapters in the manga were kind of like a filler for the anime. So I hope the anime will answer my questions.

Onegai Twins. I didn't know it was a 2-part novel. I thought it would be like its sister, Onegai Teacher, where it was a manga. Anyway, now that I bought the novel, I will probably read it once I've finished reading the rest of the Tales of the Otori Trilogy. I finished the first book - Across the Nightingale Floor - a week ago. That was a very exciting read. If you're into anime like Kenshin or one of those Samurai anime, I suggest you pick up the trilogy. It's a great read. Just don't expect to be as animated as the anime. There's more politics in it than action.

All up, it was actually quite an expensive month.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home